Skip to main content

Northwest District (LCMS) Lutheran Institutional Mission of Seattle, Washington, Records.

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: NWD.49
The volume contains vital records from the Mission from 1943-1977.

Dates

  • 1943 - 1977

Creator

Language of Materials

Collection materials are in English.

Conditions Governing Access

The volume is available for research by appointment.

Conditions Governing Use

The Northwest District Archives is the owner of the materials in the Lutheran Institutional Mission Collection and makes available reproductions for research, publication, and other uses. Written permission must be obtained from the Northwest District Archives before any reproduction use. Copyright resides with the creator of the documents or their heirs. The status of copyright is governed by the Copyright Law of the U. S. (Title 17, U.S.C.). In some cases, permission for use may require seeking additional authorization from the copyright owners.

Extent

1 volume

Historical Note

With impetus from the Seattle Lutheran Ladies' Mission Society, and after a survey of King County public institutions, the Board of Directors of the Northwest District of The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod issued a call to the Rev. Ruben E. Spannaus to become District Institutional Missionary in Seattle. He was installed on 13 September 1942 and began chaplaincy activities at several area institutions. Beginning in August 1943, Rev. W. George Weiss assisted and later succeeded Rev. Spannaus in January, 1945. He served until 31 May 1977. A brief history of the Mission is located at the end of the volume.
Title
Guide to the Northwest District (LCMS) Lutheran Institutional Mission of Seattle, Washington, Records.
Author
Nolan R. Bremer
Date
2018
Description rules
dacs
Language of description
English

Repository Details

Part of the Northwest District (Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod) Archives Repository

Contact:
Northwest District Archives
Concordia University
2811 NE Holman St.
Portland Oregon 97211-6099 USA